Monday, August 24, 2009

I am not Barbie


I do not want Ken, or a dream house, or three best friends each of a different ethnicity.

So why do I want to look like her?

I'm a real person. I have a soft stomach and jiggly thighs. I'm pale. Right now, I am the most tan I have virtually ever been.

I'm not currently being paid to be naked, so why do I still care about being perfect? When it was all about making money, my low self-esteem and perfectionist nature just seemed like good business sense. Now, it is, once again, another manifestation of my intensely low self-esteem.

I need to come to terms with myself. And not just physically.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your interest in my blog. I've just read your entire blog, and I wish you the best in school this fall. Keep us informed about how things are going.

    ReplyDelete