Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dreams and Regrets

I dreamt about dancing again last night. This is far from the first time I’ve dreamt about buckling my shoes and swiping lipstick across my lips, but this dream was particularly vivid.

I was in a large, ritzy club; far from the dive I used to work in, sitting on a man’s lap. He was balding, with glasses and a short-sleeve button down shirt. A stereotypical nerd. I was drinking champagne and chatting happily about nothing in particular while he fed me a steady stream of one dollar bills.

This dream was not realistic. I have rarely had wealthy clients who paid me to talk, and I can’t remember a time when I’ve drank an entire bottle of champagne. This dream was less like reality, and more like the glitzy (and most likely exaggerated) experiences of other stripper-bloggers.

I gave him a lap dance and counted my money. I think the total was somewhere near $800.

I miss stripping. I miss it a lot. Is that sick?

Maybe its just because I’m so broke right now, but the clubs near my home are really calling to me.

My boyfriend is the only thing stopping me. He could never be alright with me dancing again, and while I understand the reason why he wouldn’t want his girlfriend getting naked for strangers, it doesn’t make my yearning any less.

I repeat the question… Am I sick?

3 comments:

  1. You're not sick. I miss it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. doesn't sound sick to me, sounds like you could use the money and you know how to get it. Maybe the bf would allow it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think so, could it would make a lot of people 'sick' then too, including me...since I am so close to doing it. The money is nice, the attention (on some nights) can be nice too.

    You've got another follower ;) Stick in there and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete